Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Please Help Me IMPROVE....

So now that I have a nice camera I REALLY want to learn how to take a good picture. I'd LOVE to take a class, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to fit one in before I have the baby! So.....I would LOVE to get some feedback on these pictures. Be brutally honest if you need to be, I don't mind. I just really want to improve, so please help! Angie, Jenny, Lacey, Amber, and anyone else who knows anything about photography...........let me know how to improve, please:) (Keep in mind, Macie was NOT cooperating, next time I will have someone there to help hold her attention. That's why she isn't looking at the camera in ANY of them!)










I also just wanted to post some fun LITTLE sewing projects that I did last night and this morning. When it comes to sewing, if it's not little and simple, it's best not to try it........for me anyway:)
Cute new strap for my camera. I see these all over, but I got a tutorial off of makeitandloveit.blogspot.com(found on my sidebar)

And a new nursing cover for baby boy....the only ones I had for Macie are girly colored:)

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

Those pictures are ADORABLE! Even though she wasn't cooperating you got some awesome shots. I think they look great. I love the backdrop and the blocks. Good job :)

Fab Five said...

I'm just a beginner too but I think you're on the right track! I love the toes! The only suggestion I have is using as much natural light as you can. Avoid using the flash at all costs! I don't know what kind of editing software you have but I would for sure use a photo filter to warm up the skin tones. It makes a big difference in the end product! Love the black/white/red, cute idea with the blocks, and love the painted toes. Next time we're done in Firth we should get together and talk cameras! We could shoot our kids!

AubreyandTerry said...

I know nothing about photography but I think these look great!! Honestly! Maybe when you get it all figured out you can take some pictures of my little guy for me! :)

Mandy said...

I love your pictures. But of course, I know nothing about photography. My comment is on Macie's cute little toes....I am glad to see she has a little sideways pinkie toe! Lydia and Josie both do, however, they got them from Mark's family, so I thought that was cute!

Reed, Julie , Macie, Branson & Allie said...

Thank you for your suggestions, keep them coming:) I do use the flash A LOT, so thank you Jenny, I will try using more natural lighting. And I have photoshop elements, so I will try warming up the skin tones too....Thanks!

Calyn said...

They are cute. I am in your same situation! I want to learn more about my camera and get better- it is so complicated though! You did a good job though!

Amber Wray said...

Julie- they are really cute. I love the backdrop and the blocks and the ones with her toes. I have been shooting a lot of pictures lately and by trial and error I have found that getting the biggest window in your house behind you as you shoot. Shoot before noon or after two or three or you will get a lot of shadows. I have found a great boost for color and skin tone in elements is to use a soft light blending change! If I figure anything else out I'll let you know but great job! You have good ideas for backdrops and add in objects. Super cute!!! You can check out some pictures of my niece I just took at www.wrayfam.blogspot.com I just took some headshots for my sister too and I hopefully will post some of those soon. Happy shooting!!!

lacey said...

they are looking great! go to www.ilovephotography.com. it is free and SO GREAT!!!

Us Bailey's said...

Looks good to me! I would recommend getting on other peoples photograhy sites and see what you like and don't like and try to copy your favorites. I learned by just taking pictures and more pictures. For actions for Elements google coffeeshop actions and its something like coffeeteaphotography.com There are lots of free actions that will work with elements. Those are great shots! And your focus looks great! What kind of camera did you end up getting? I must have missed that with conner coming and all such ruckus! Good luck and good job!

Wanna be farm girl said...

I think your pictures are fabulous!! Love the toe shot and the backdrop! If yo go on fcebook..I have some pictures of the babies taken by my neighbor...she just laid them on the table by our big window ...no extra light or anything!!! Take a peak! And it looks like you already read pioneer woman....so you are set....and I love the nursing cover!!! The poor mothers see everything in our mothers lounge...just because it seems the twins always want to eat at the same time a church!!! lol