My Grandpa Pike passed away last month, leaving my sweet little Grandma Pike a widow. Both of Reed's Grandpas have passed on, and both of mine have too. Combined, we have three widowed Grandmothers left, and they are all such amazing women. They are such great examples to us of love, acceptance, strength, and enduring to the end! We love them so much! Macie was old enough to start to understand what was going on at this funeral. (my Grandpa Pike) She asked lots and lots of questions that made for great teaching moments. Helping her to understand the Plan of Salvation has strengthened my own testimony. I am so grateful for her and her questions and desires to follow Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Macie will still talk about Grandpa Pike a couple times a week, and say that she is sad because he went to Heaven, and that she misses him. And then we get to talk some more about what happens after we die. I miss my Grandpa too. I was happy when he finally passed on because he had been so close for a long time, but I know it will probably be a long time before I get to see him again. I am so thankful for the knowledge I have that I WILL see him again, and feel comforted to know that he is on the other side watching over us :) I love you Grandpa!
 |
| Me sweet Grandma Pike at the funeral. |
 |
| Macie and her cousin Lydia Waiting for the food at the luncheon :) |
 |
| My brother in law and Branson bugging each other. |
 |
| My niece Abby. |
 |
| My Aunt Mitsy and my sister Debbie :) |
1 comments:
THANK YOU for posting pictures of Grandpa's funeral! We are all still heartbroken that we had to miss it.
Hugs,
Rachel
Post a Comment