We had a great Easter this year. The weather was actually nice all weekend, and we got to see the kids get excited about the eggs and baskets.....well, mostly just Macie. Easter Sunday is always my favorite Sunday of the year. I always feel the spirit so strongly at church, and especially when we sing the hymns. This year was a little different since we were trying to quiet Macie and wrestle with Branson all Sacrament Meeting long, but it was still good.
Saturday's weather was amazing compared to what we've been having, so it was fun to be outside for awhile. We planned on going to an egg hunt at 12:30, so I got Macie all excited to go and find the eggs and get candy and prizes. Well, we got there a few minutes early and the hunt was already over! I guess they couldn't hold the kids back.....and the parents. But Macie wasn't as upset because Grandma & Grandpa showed up with some candy that she got to carry around in her basket. Then Reed and I were able to go to the temple while Reed's brother Casey and his wife Cindy watched our kids. After that we dyed Easter eggs at Reed's parents.
Sunday morning the kids, especially Macie had a ball finding eggs and eating treats! Here are some pictures of Easter morning, but I forgot to get some of them all ready for church in their Easter outfits....oh well.
And I had to get a close-up of her dyed fingers. She kept getting the eggs out of the dye with her hands. Luckily it came off in the bath before church.














2 comments:
Glad you had such a fun Easter! I think this age is so fun for Easter egg hunts and activities. They just get so excited!!! Your pictures look great-- newborns are hard to do I think (but I've only done Conner)! Also, I need to invite myself over sometime and have you teach me how you make the fabric flowers you use on Macie's hair. I'm excited to actually make some of the things that I've seen! Good luck!
Sounds great! I'll show you what I know!
Post a Comment