Thursday, January 27, 2011

Forgetful.....

Last night I just realized that I did something really humiliating the other day.  Monday I made bread for all three of my visiting teaching ladies (who I just barely got assigned to, so I hardly know them at all).  The batch makes four loaves, so I've been using the other one for sandwiches in Reed's lunches the last few days.  Last night I was giving some to Branson and Macie asked for some.  As soon as she put it in her mouth she spat it out and said, "I don't like it, it yucky."  I've made bread every week for the last couple years, so I thought it was a little weird she she thought it was so bad.  So I took a bite and it was awful!  And I knew exactly what I did wrong......I had forgotten the SALT!  I knew right away because I did the same thing a few years ago.  I am SO embarrassed!  Leave it up to me to give the one batch of disgusting bread I make away to everyone!  I asked Reed about it and he said he'd been pulling the meat and cheese out of his sandwiches, hahaha!  Nice of him not to say anything........smart man :) 

A few weeks ago I also left the dome light on in Reed's truck.  Ever since then the batteries have been low, and yesterday they finally died.  That was about a $200 mistake....sweet. 

4 comments:

AubreyandTerry said...

Ha! That is too funny! Don't you hate that... the one time you mess it up is the one time you hand it out to people. Sounds like something I would do. (except I'm not talented enough to make homemade bread!)

Us Bailey's said...

I've forgotten salt before too. However, I think the ladies that you vt are thankful anyways! Hope it all goes well!

Wanna be farm girl said...

me tooo!!!! I had given some away as well......and I didnt know it until I saw my husband putting salt on top of the butter.....hmmm....he explained it all......I have since talked to the sisters about it and have had a good laugh about it

Cameron and Vanessa said...

Oh man! I hate messing up bread! That is funny, though and a good memory!