Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Our Little Baby Girl Is Not A Baby Anymore!

I can't believe it, but Macie turned one yesterday! She had a great birthday that she absolutely LOVED! She loved the attention, and (even though you weren't supposed to get her them) she loved her gifts! She has had a ball playing with them all night last night, and all day today. The first thing she did this morning was play with all her new toys, so thank you! I made Macie her own special little cake for her to dig into, thinking this would be her favorite part of the whole day! But she didn't like getting frosting on her hands, so she ate it with a fork! Go figure. Our little girl is no longer a baby, and has been growing up so fast the last few weeks! She's walking all over and won't even crawl anymore. She knows how to say about six words (that I can think of right now) which are: Mama, Dada, Uh-oh, NO NO No, Kitty, and Wass-att(what's that). Oh, and HI! Make that seven:) Macie is learning how to fold her arms for prayer, which is SO CUTE, but it only lasts a few seconds. She loves to wave and dance and give big cheesy grins. When she's in the right mood she'll maul you with hugs and kisses. She also LOVES to pretend to talk on the phone and read books. I love listening to her baby jabber that she thinks is words. She also loves playing in the water, following Daddy all around the house when he gets home from work, and helping me cook dinner. Don't get me wrong, she also loves to throw tantrums:) But we love her do death and are so happy to have her in our lives. Happy Birthday Macie!



Opening her first birthday present...


Which was a new BALL!


More unwrapping gifts...


Aunt Sonja got her these glasses because she likes to play with everyone else's. Macie loves them and even loves to wear them!


It took her forever to eat her cake because she was taking tiny bites with her fork!

6 comments:

Audra said...

Aw. She's so adorable! I can't believe she's one already! Happy Birthday Macie. BTW I just love reading your blog.

Calyn said...

Wow- I can't believe she is 1 already. Happy Birthday! She is so adorable!!

Chase and Kortney Crowley said...

Ahh super cute pictures of her! I can't believe she is one, but that means I have been married a year! Time goes by way too fast! Your daughter is so beautiful and I hope her special day was amazing!

Johnsons said...

You have such an adorable little girl!! So glad we are friends and are able to see her grow. She is getting so big so fast.

Rachel Keppner said...

Happy birthday, sweet little Macie!!!

Love,
Auntie Rachel, Uncle Russell, and your cousins

The High Family- said...

Sad we missed the party. She has gotten big so fast. She is so beautiful and we love her and often pretend she is ours!